[rrd-users] Preventing counter wraps

Jerome Fleury jerome.fleury at none.net
Tue Jul 4 17:45:51 MEST 2000

Is there any way to prevent RRDTool from detecting counter wraps ?

I mean: when my equipment reloads itself, counters reset, and rrdtool
assumes it is a counter wrap, that is not, and generates peaks on the
graph.

I need a way to tell RRD not to assume counter wraps for an update made
just after a reboot.

Please don't tell me to use rrd boundaries (min and max values), because
it can't work on fully loaded gigabit interfaces (my peaks are about
100Mb).

Thanks a lot for any help !

--
Jerome Fleury      none Networks / Freesbee
Network Team