[rrd-users] Counter..

Nabil A. Malik nabil at jlab.org
Mon Jul 17 15:25:24 MEST 2000

rrd users,

I am trying to graph the number of bytes recieved and transmited on a
server. It is a linux redhat 6.2 and I am getting the data from
/proc/net/dev. The problem is that the graphs and showing almost half of
the bytes actually being transfered. The only reason I came up with is
the overflow of the data resulting in getting a smaller number of bytes
transfered than the previous one. I have used COUNTER in my create command
and it say that the COUNTER takes into account if its an overflow. Any
suggestions/ideas??

Regards,

Nabil A. Malik
email:  nabil at jlab.org