[rrd-users] Re: MAXing or AVERAGing 1 steps

Simon Amor simon.a at webfusion.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 18:20:45 MEST 2000

round the update time to the nearest interval and that way it won't
interpolate the value.

e.g you want to log:
0 seconds  - value 0
30 seconds - value 30
60 seconds - value 60

You might actually end up updating at 0, 32, and 61 seconds. If you put
those values in, it would alter them slightly so that you get 30 seconds
between 0 and 32, which becomes 30 * (30/32)  ===> value * (interval /
actual interval).

When you fetch the values, you should end up with 0, 28.125, and 59.016.

This is what I think happens. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

  Simon