[rrd-users] Bronc 0.60 Released

Chris Snell chris at bikeworld.com
Thu Jul 20 02:23:17 MEST 2000

Hi Y'all,

Bronc 0.60 is now official. Bronc 0.60 is a major improvement over
0.51-alpha. 0.60 features a completely reformatted and bug-fixed badger.pl
(thanks to Ben Ginter) and oodles of other bug fixes that some of you have
submitted. I've also added the ability to run programs and scripts from
badger.pl and capture their output. All that your script or program needs
to do is to spit out colon-separated data for each target in the RRD file.
An example load average snarfer is included with the distribution.

The other major improvement is the ability to get thumbnails of your graphs
on-the-fly, thanks to ImageMagick and its perl interface, PerlMagick. You
can see this in use on the Bronc homepage at http://bronc.blueaspen.com.
Eventually, I'll get around to writing a sample "NOC" page, which would
arrange all of the graphs in thumbnail fashion on a single page.

You can snag the new release at the Bronc web site:

http://bronc.blueaspen.com

Please let me know (via the bronc mailing list) if you encounter any bugs
or difficulties.

take care,

Chris

--
Chris Snell <chris at bikeworld.com>               210.828.5558 W
Systems & Networks Architect                    210.602.2308 M