[rrd-users] Total throughput problems

wheel wheel at hc.ethome.net.tw
Wed Jun 7 18:56:34 MEST 2000

  Hi all ...

 I use rrd on some regular on/offline devices, ie. cable modems.
Graphing the traffic usage is just good.. but also, I would like
to get the total throughput.     However, in such environ ( lots
unknown & device reset ) ,  rrd seems to average only the
known records and leads the wrong total throughput ..

   I am wondering  is there something  like unknaszero or
unknaslastkn in rrd ( I did see a mail in developer archive
regarding this,  but I just can not make  it done ) ..  idea ?
better ways ?    after all I wrote a set of little  programs to  ensure
that I update rrd everytime, even the device status is unknown.

      However, I think this might be conflict with some rrd's
good points on  'unknown'....   at least, without any trick, we still
can do pulling out all the  5min data per day to do accounting by
our own before they're averaged.   mmm...

    cheers,

   ... Luke
  wheel at hc.ethome.net.tw