[rrd-users] Re: new log2rrd beta - handles MAX values, etc.

Rainer Bawidamann Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de
Wed Jun 28 14:27:34 MEST 2000

In article <20000627143634.A13050 at doit.wisc.edu>,
	plonka at doit.wisc.edu (Dave Plonka) writes:

> When "UseRRDTool Yes" is specified, why does MRTG create the RRD with
> this RRA?:
>
>                   "RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600",
>
> Won't that RRA contain the same values as the initial AVERAGE RRA, and
> therfore be redundant?:
>
>                   "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600",

I believe it is redundant. In fact I copied the rrd-create command from
log2rrd ;-) and changed only the rows.

Currently 14all depends on them for "withpeak[...]: d". No, this setting
won't make sense but mrtg permits it so I have to do it too. Without a
step-1-max rra the peak line in the graph will be generated from the
30-minute rra (few samples, many steps, cf. example). I would have to
handle daily-peaks differnently to use the step-1-average rra (or
disallow it).

[mrtg-parser-for-log2rrd]

> Would you rather write it as a stand-alone wrapper script which
> invokes log2rrd or integrate it right into log2rrd?

I don't want to introduce a new file (script). It might be easier to
integrate it into log2rrd. Stay tuned.

> If you want to do the latter, we could synchronize a
> hand-off of log2rrd (cuz I'm beta testing log2rrd-1.012)

I changed log2rrd a little bit (started as a test ...). I'll send you
what I have.

Rainer

-- Type: image/png
-- Desc: Daily graph with peak from rrd without 1-step-max rra
-- Size: 18k (18604 bytes)