[rrd-users] compile on MacOS X

Keith Makuck makuck at email.unc.edu
Mon Jun 26 20:34:41 MEST 2000

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to compile in MacOS X?

OS X is a Mach kernel, so I would think that it would work, but I can't
even get past "sh configure":

checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host
type; you must specify one

A uname -a on this thing tells me:
1.1 Darwin Kernel Version 1.1: Sat May  6 20:49:29 PDT
2000; root:xnu/xnu-74.7.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc

According to Apple:

	    Mac OS X supports POSIX file system semantics
            and NFS file sharing, ... [marketing hype removed]

            The systemUs kernel, which does the heavy lifting to
            support all those rich applications, is based on Mach
            3.0 from Carnegie-Mellon University and FreeBSD
            3.2 (derived from the University of California at
            BerkeleyUs BSD 4.4-Lite)...

Help!

-Keith