[rrd-users] Re: update not on a 5 minute boundary

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 29 07:57:03 MEST 2000

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] update not on a 5 minute boundary:

*>
*> Ok, I have read and understand the issues for changing the timestame to be a
*> multiple of 60 in order to generate integers when measuring integer data. I
*> can do this for about a fifth of my data, but because of the volume of data
*> (over 50,000 OIDs) I can't run them all at 0,5,10,15,20 etc. I have to
*> spread them out and run some at 1,6,11,16,21 and some at 2,7 and so on over
*> the 5 minutes or everything locks up on i/o wait and will not finish in 5
*> minutes. If I split them up they do finish in 5 minutes.
*>
*> rrdtool saves the data internally on 5 minute boudaries, which is fine, but
*> can I change the off-sets for data collected on other minutes, other than
*> 0,5,10,15,20 etc.

Georg you are completely on the wrong voiage ...

When you poll your OID, note the time you polled it. When you feed
the data to rrdtool use this timestamp and not 'N' ...

All the other things are pure voodo ...

cheers
tobi

--