[rrd-users] Re: gigabit interfaces

Todd Caine todd_caine at eli.net
Fri Jun 30 00:30:12 MEST 2000

Micheal,

I've ran into the same issue with the 32 bit counters as
well.  What I have done to work around this is to query
ifSpeed and check if the interface is over 100Mbps.  If the
interface is under 100Mbps I use ifInOctets
(.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10) and ifOutOctets
(.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16), otherwise I use ifHCInOctets
(.1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.6) and ifHCOutOctets
(.1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.10).  You shouldn't have too many
problems with the 64 bit counters wrapping!

Cheers,
Todd

	<!--	Todd Caine - tcaine at eli.net
		Software Engineer