[rrd-users] rrdtool install

Eddie Stassen eddies at saix.net
Thu Mar 9 15:53:48 MET 2000

I have been trying for two days now to build rrdtool 1.0.13 on my HPUX
10.20 system.

If I use 'sh configure --enable-shared' everything compiles ok, but when
I run make install, I get the message :
'perl-shared/blib/arch/auto/RRDs/RRDs.bs does not exist'. If I do a
'touch perl-shared/blib/arch/auto/RRDs/RRDs.bs' it complains that
RRDs.so does not exist.

If I build with static libraries, the compilation fails when compiling
RRDs.c (gcc complains about '+z' and '-Ae' on the commandline.  I can
manually compile RRDs.c without these options and then run make and
'make install' which runs without errors.  However, if I then try the
perl examples, I get the error:

'RRDs object version 1.00011 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.000131
at /opt/perl5/lib/5.00503/PA-RISC1.1/DynaLoader.pm line 188'

I really need the perl modules and desperately need some help!

thanks,
Eddie