[rrd-users] graphing deviations from trend

Evans, Richard Richard.Evans at Schwab.com
Thu Mar 9 19:39:39 MET 2000

This is my first post to the list - I couldn't find a FAQ anywhere, so
please excuse (and point out) any mistakes!

I'm working with data that has very distinct cycles of activity: very busy
in the morning, moderately active during the day and nearly idle over-night.

What I want is to present information on how the current level of activity,
at any given time, compares to what is "normal" for that time of day.

Ideally, this would be something like a percentage of the standard deviation
of the previous n-samples, or even a percentage of a moving average.

Is anyone doing this? Are you doing it with RRDTool?

Richard Evans
Sr. Staff Engineer
Enterprise Management Systems
voice: (720) 785-7795, fax: (720) 785-7775
richard.evans at schwab.com
WARNING: All email sent to this address will be received by the Charles
Schwab & Co., Inc. corporate mail system  and is subject to archival and
review by  someone other than the recipient.
Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of Schwab
Investments, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.