[rrd-users] rrdtool update usage

Peter Chen petechen at on2.com
Wed Mar 22 01:36:20 MET 2000

Hi,

I have an RRD with 2 columns.  How do I update the first column first,
then the second column?  Following the documentation, I tried,

rrdtool update foo.rrd -t col1 953542800:1
... bunch of commands updating col1 ...
rrdtool update foo.rrd -t col2 953542800:3
... bunch of commands updating col2 ...

For some reason the updates for col2 don't seem to take, am I missing
something here?

Because each column is extracted from a different file.  This is more
natural.  Alternatively, I have tried proprocessing the inputs, so I
could do:

rrdtool update foo.rrd 953542800:1:3

This does work.  Could  one shed some light here?  I am using
rrdtool-1.0.13-0.6.0 (from rufus.w3.org) with a RedHat 6.1
distribution.

Thanks in advance.

Pete