[rrd-users] Re: Problems Compiling RRDTool on Slackware 7

Mike Romero michael.romero at prodigy.net
Wed May 10 21:09:02 MEST 2000

I didn't have a .libs directory at that point of the installation.. so i don't
think its that...
but i've attached a copy of the output from a 'sh configure --enable-shared'
command and a 'make site-perl-install' command.  btw.. i'm installing this to
/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.21/

sincerely, mike

Dave Plonka wrote:

> Mike,
>
> This sounds very similar to the problem we discussed with
> rrdtool-1.0.17 in the thread titled "Re: problem with compiling rrdtool
> 1.0.17" (see the list archive), that Tobi has sinced addressed in some
> fashion.
>
> Do you have a "src/.libs/librrd_private.al" at that point in the build
> process?  If so, we temporarily worked around the problem on Solaris
> with this kludge:
>
>    $ find . -name '*private*' -print
>    ./src/.libs/librrd_private.la
>    ./src/.libs/librrd_private.al
>    ./src/librrd_private.la
>    $ cd src/.libs
>    $ ln -s librrd_private.al librrd_private.a # kludge
>    $ make
>    $ # success!
>

> We would need to see the error messages, but I would try the
> "--enable-shared" with the suggestion above.
>
> Dave
>
> --
> plonka at doit.wisc.edu  http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka  ARS:N9HZF  Madison, WI

-- Type: text/plain