[rrd-users] RRDs::graph Problems with NT-Paths

Tehrani, Ulrich U.Tehrani at hzd.hessen.de
Wed Nov 1 17:01:33 MET 2000

Hi,
I have the following problem with rrdtool 1.0.24 :
when I use a statement like this in the graph-function of RRDs

"DEF:my_util=D\:/temp/FKB_glob_Utilseg_FKBSNT002A.rrd:STATSOKTS:AVERAGE",
<====

I get the following return:

ERROR: can't parse DEF
'util=D:/temp/FKB_glob_utilseg_FKBSNT002A.rrd:STATSOKTS:AVERAGE' -2

I think the cause of this error are the colons used in Windows NT Paths even
I escaped the colons.

Does anybody know a possibility  to use such paths in RRDs::graph (I want to
use an absolute path !!!)

When i use rrdtool graph i don't have this problem. Everything is working
fine.

Thanks in advance

Uli Tehrani