[rrd-users] Re: YAI: Viewing rrd file details over the web.

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Wed Nov 22 13:22:29 MET 2000

Jakob Ilves wrote:
> Another way is to have a Java applet available which will allow the
> intrested user to look at the details.  For each collection, have the
> option of "viewing graph data".  When that link is followed, a page
> opens up with this RRD-applet which upon load do fetch the actual
> RRD-file (which is just a 97K file).  Once that is done, the applet
> allows you to walk around in the graphs, zoom in on some specific period
> of time or perhaps view the exact sample values at specific points in
> time.  There are quite some possibilities here.

I do some of this with imagemaps. I store hi-res (5 min) data for
2 months for trend analysis, and also use this data to present a
detailed view of a period. It's quite useful for finding out what
happened with this-and-that link/server/connection last friday
afternoon. Using javascript would give you additional flexibility,
but would probably be harder to implement.

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway