[rrd-users] Re: Trouble building rrdtool-1.0.28 on BSDI

David Williamson davidw at certaintysolutions.com
Wed Sep 20 19:54:42 MEST 2000

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 07:27:17AM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Yesterday you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Trouble building...:
> DW> I'm having some toruble installing rrdtool-1.0.28 on a BSDI3.1
> DW> machine.  In particular, I'm having trouble getting through 'configure'.
>
> please do as instructed and have a look at the config.log file
> to see why the tests fail
>
> tobi

I did, and I can't honestly make sense of it.  It looks like a bunch of
the include files don't make a lot of sense to the compiler, which could
be a problem.

I was thinking of attaching the entire config.log to this message, but I
don't think everyone on this list would like a 53k attachment. :)
Instead, here's a sample chunk of that file...I can send the entire thing
to anyone who thinks they can help.

-----

[...]
configure:2784: checking if IEEE math works out of the box
configure:2860: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -pedantic -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-align -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Winli
ne  -fPIC   conftest.c -lm  1>&5
In file included from /usr/include/ieeefp.h:17,
                 from configure:2804:
/usr/include/machine/ieeefp.h: In function `fpsetmask':
/usr/include/machine/ieeefp.h:71: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic
 in operand of |
/usr/include/machine/ieeefp.h: In function `fpsetround':
/usr/include/machine/ieeefp.h:84: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic
 in operand of |
/usr/include/machine/ieeefp.h: In function `fpsetsticky':
/usr/include/machine/ieeefp.h:97: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic
 in operand of |
/var/tmp/ccDdA6km.o: In function `main':
/goofy1/home/davidw/rrdtool-1.0.28/configure:2840: undefined reference to `_GLOB
AL_OFFSET_TABLE_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
[...]

-----

There's much more, and much of it is different from this, although most of
the sample programs don't make it through 'ld'.  (That's the gnu ld from
binutils, by the way.)

Any hints very much appreciated!

-David