[rrd-users] RRD update command question

Mark Smith mark.smith at comdev.cc
Fri Apr 20 20:59:32 MEST 2001

I'm trying to send an update command via RRDp to an rrd with roughly
40,000 variables.  I'd like to update as many of these as possible on a
single command line.  The problem is that not all data sources have the
same time stamp.  If I did an update line like this:

update <filename> -t data1:data2:data3  time1:data1 time2:data2 \
    time3:data3

Would that apply three different datapoints to data1 or would it apply
one data point to each of data1, data2 and data3 (as I would hope)?

To rephrase the question a bit, does update expect the data in this form:

update <filename> -t data1:data2:data3 time:data1:data2:data3

If that's the case, is there a way to specify different time stamps to
each datapoint, or can I only update data with the same timestamp on a
given command line?

I appricate y'all's help.  :)

-Mark