[rrd-users] Re: FW: RRD Newbie

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Wed Aug 8 12:52:13 MEST 2001

> Thanks David
>   I have cricket 1.0.2, with me- downloaded.
>   I don't have any experience on MRTG nor do I have a MRTG working
> script,will installing cricket achieve my goal?Sorry to send a mail again
> cause, I just do not have any idea how to move ahead from here,so this
> mail.

RRDTool will *only store data* to a database (very cleverly done though :-)
).
Cricket (and other frontends) will *only create graphs* by using the data in
the database.

You next task is how to give RRDTool the data, the easiest way is to learn
MRTG and create a script that uses the RRDTool logging format.
The hard way (but more rewarding) is to create a script to give RRDTool data
to store in the database.

Dave

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.