[rrd-users] Re: FW: RRD Newbie

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Wed Aug 8 21:12:03 MEST 2001

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 04:11:16PM +0530, Wipro Solaris wrote:
> Thanks David
>   I have cricket 1.0.2, with me- downloaded.
>   I don't have any experience on MRTG nor do I have a MRTG working
> script,will installing cricket achieve my goal?Sorry to send a mail again
> cause, I just do not have any idea how to move ahead from here,so this mail.

  You should probably take it to the cricket-users list at SourceForge.
There is a lot more cricket-specific support going on there, it's a
friendly list, and you should find someone who will help you through
the basics if you get stuck.

  You can find it via the web pages at
<http://cricket.sourceforge.net/support/> and you should start by
reading the documents there too.

  You're on a reasonable road to getting network monitoring set up.
Read the "beginner.html" file in the documentation at the above URL and
included with the cricket package, do what it says there, step by step,
read the "intro.html" file too, and then ask for help if necessary.

  -- Clifton

 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr at lava.net
   WWJD?   "JWRTFM!" - Scott Dorsey (kludge)   "JWG" - Eddie Aikau