[rrd-users] RRD & Fonts

Cliff Savage cliff at acsalaska.net
Sat Aug 11 06:02:58 MEST 2001

I can do a style sheet and change fonts and point sizes on the HTML
page itself - No problem. I'd like the font used inside my graphs produced
by RRDTool to be a sans serif font, & I'd like to be able to specify bold
and perhaps point size. Can I specify these things? Do I need to edit
the source before compiling? If so, where approximately in the source do I look
for the fonts specified for graph legends and graph area ?

Alex - you mentioned that (in a previous email):

 >You can't define the height and width of the complete image.  You
 >can only set them for the graphing area.  Since the title uses a
 >font which height is known, you should be able to rely on it's
 >height.  If you need to set the sizes in your HTML page, it's best
 >to use the numbers that are generated by RRDtool.  If that's not
 >possible, you will need to either alter your HTML page after editing
 >the graph script, or alter the width and/or height of the canvas.

So what font and point size can RRDTool be relied upon to provide?
(It doesn't look like a sans-serif font, and it looks to be about 12pt.,
maybe 10.)

I'm not concerned that my choices of font/point size/style might not
be available on a different computer - I'll take steps to insure that.

Thank you.