[rrd-users] Re: Problem of Mod_Perl with RRD & Cricket & NRG

steve rader rader at ginseng.hep.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 16 15:17:00 MEST 2001

 > From: "Ytsejam"
 > But, the NRG graph cgi didn't work.
 > NRG make graphing cgi work with "#!/usr/local/nrg/bin/rrd.cgi "
 > so if I assign *.cgi as PerlHandle in config file, the NRG (or rrd.cgi)
 > failed to work,
 > because the apache will process *.cgi as PERL.

I do not think mod_perl will work correctly with NRG web pages
because NRG web pages are _not_ perl scripts, rather they are
rrdcgi scripts (which happen to be generated by perl scripts!)

Now if you'd like to recode the NRG web pages in perl, that
would be wonderful because the rrdcgi scripting language is
not nearly as robust and functional and extensible as perl.

I may, at some point, recode the NRG web pages in perl--there
are a number of things I'd like to do with NRG web pages that
can't be done with rrdcgi.

Someone really should write rrdcgi2perl?!! =:)

steve
- - -
systems & network guy
high energy physics