[rrd-users] Compilation of RRD for cricket on Linux

Ramses van Pinxteren ramses.van.pinxteren at cmg.nl
Mon Aug 27 15:34:33 MEST 2001

Hi I am trying to setup cricket on a Suse 7.0 linux machine.

I have downloaded RRD and am trying to install it. however I run into
trouble:
I have configured it like this:
sh configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-shared

Accourding to other users I have to do a make site-perl-install. When I do
this the make program break with het next message:

mkdir blib/man3
cp ntmake.pl blib/lib/ntmake.pl
cp RRDs.pm blib/lib/RRDs.pm
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../src/.libs/librrd_private.a', needed
by `RRDs.c'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ramses/rrdtool-1.0.33/perl-shared'
make: *** [site-perl-install] Error 2

I have to admint that I dont have enough Makefile skills to solve this
error. I was hoping that you could help me. Perhaps there is a nice clean
hack around this, or something else?

HEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP
Ramses