[rrd-users] Re: rrdfetch ?

René Møller rem at dontcare.adsl.dk
Thu Aug 30 21:44:25 MEST 2001

Clifton, I'm not sure I agree on you on that one. Maybe rrd's graph
function is the standard way of getting averages, max, min etc, but that
must be because it's the only way to get the numbers from rrdtool with
the built in tools.

I have had the same problems as Daniel, and found that the only way to
do it was getting the data with rrd fetch, and then manipulate the data
(using awk).

Getting the data printed in the graphs are not very helpful, when people
want some numbers for reporting. And they very often do.

It would save me from at lot of work if the functions available in rrd
graph, also could be used in rrd fetch, but as long as this is not the
case, I guess I have to keep on doing scripts for fetching the data I
want.

Regards

Rene Moeller