[rrd-users] Variable-scale graphs

Chris Gill cgill at infomg.com
Mon Dec 3 21:07:12 MET 2001

Hello. I've been using RRDtool for a variety of projects, but I've
finally run into something that I'm not sure how to implement with
RRDtool, and I'm wondering if it's possible.
What I need is a variable scale graph. I'm graphing data collected from
our UPSs, things like load, voltage, and so forth. We'd like it to
display with a variable scale, the right side being, say, the last week,
by day, the middle being the last three months, by week, and the left
side showing the nine months before the middle. The only (crude) way I
can concieve to do this is to generate three seperate graphs, and line
up with HTML next to each other, but that seems quite inelegant.
RRDtool has show itself to be amazingly flexible, but I can't figure out
how to make it do this. Is there a way?

-- Type: message/delivery-status
-- Size: 342 bytes

-- Type: message/rfc822