[rrd-users] Re: Data Sources with big scale difference in same graphic

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Dec 4 05:03:35 MET 2001

Nuno,

> What is the best way to make this 2 DS's compatible in the same graphic?

Well I did not get the answer about the two different Yscales, so what
I did is scale one DS to the other (choose which one is the most
important to you as the "primary") and add a comment in the legend
saying that the secondary DS is scalles by this and that.

Mathematically, I choose min and max for the primary DS (min_pr and
max_pr) and min and max for the secondary DS (min_se, max_se) and have
a CDEF that says:

CDEF:scalled_secondary=$min_se,-,$max_se,$min_se,-,/,$max_pr,$min_ps,-,*, \
     $min_pr,+",

Sample at http://www.cs.ait.ac.th/ai3/reports/netmon/index.shtml

Olivier