[rrd-users] adding data sources to rrd

Kempf, Reed rkempf at rightnow.com
Mon Dec 10 20:54:24 MET 2001

I realize this question has been asked many, many times but I have about
1400 .rrds with trend data in them and need to add a data source to display
new information.  It is not acceptable for me to throw away the trend data.

Is it possible yet to add a new data source to an existing rrd without
losing the data.  I have heard mention of a few commands which I'm not at
all familiar with like rrd dump and rrd restore but think these may be the
key.

Can anyone enlighten me on the best way to add a new data source to an
existing rrd without losing existing data.

Thank you

ReedK