[rrd-users] Error using rrd libraries

Markus Baertschi markus at markus.org
Tue Feb 13 19:31:14 MET 2001

I'm in the process of adding calls to rrd update to an application.
The application calls rrd-update every five minutes to update
the counters. Everything works fine if the corresponding rrd files
exist when the first call happens. If the rrd-file is missing I get an
error (which is what I expect). But if the error ocurred once then
rrd never recovers, even if the error-condition goes away.

I was under the assumptin that rrd opens and closes the rrd files
on each invocation. Now it looks to me that there is state information
somewhere.

The rrd libraries are linked statically with my application.

Any ideas ?

Markus

---
  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Rue de la Gare 7b            Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678
  CH-1163, Etoy                Email: markus at markus.org
  Switzerland                  Homepage: www.markus.org