[rrd-users] Question on expiration

Mike Bernhardt mbernhardt at arsin.com
Thu Feb 15 06:39:21 MET 2001

I'm using generic.cgi from Steve Shipway. I am measuring simple octets
in/out of a router interface.

In my .htaccess file, I have the exiration for *-6-*.png (this wildcards the
.pngs that are being generated) set to 30 seconds. I have the interval in my
.cfg file set to 1 minute. Indeed, the router is polled every minute. And
the .png file .rrd file are updated every 1 minute. The "Last Update" time
shown on my browser reflects the 1 minute updates (I think this reflects the
.rrd modification time).

However, the image on my browser only updates every 5 minutes. If I do a
refresh the image remains unchanged, which means that although the .png is
being updated every minute, it isn't being updated with new information.

Is there a good reason for this, and can it be changed? I don't know if it's
the cgi, the router, or rrdtool.

Thanks in advance,

Mike