[rrd-users] Re: COUNTER to DERIVE

Gellatly, Laurie Laurie.Gellatly at vodafone.com.au
Tue Jan 2 23:33:46 MET 2001

Just to add a little extra worry here,
I've seen some new Cisco gear we have report the same value
for consecutive IfHC interfaces while the IfxxOctets value for
those interfaces are reasonable and different. Indeed, the first N ifHC
matched
perfectly with xxxOctets (machine had recently restarted) and then
the next Y interfaces reported the same IfHC value and then the
final Z interfaces were again correct. Buyer beware.