[rrd-users] Re: Fail at " use RRDs;" in cgi script in IIS

Rainer Bawidamann Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de
Tue Jan 9 10:04:35 MET 2001

In article <3A5A3F66.C9F18AB8 at socccd.cc.ca.us>,
	lle at socccd.cc.ca.us ("Leo Le") writes:

1 > #!/usr/local/bin/perl
2 > # in script\cgi-bin
3 > use lib qw(c:\\rrd107\\arch\\auto\\RRDs c:\\rrd107\\lib);
4 > #use lib qw(c:\\rrd1028\\perl-shared\\blib\\arch\\auto\\RRDs
  > c:\\Perl\\bin c:\\Perl\\site\\lib\\auto\\RRDs
  > c:\\rrd1028\\perl-shared\\blib\\lib);
5 > use strict;
6 > use CGI qw(:standard);
7 > use RRDs;

(Seems like your lines has been wrapped around, I added line numbers)

The combination of the many directories (..lib.., ..auto..) might give a
mix of a perl modules RRDs.pm from one rrdtool version and a shared
library RRDs.so from the other. May I suggest that you 'make install'
rrdtool and just use one 'use lib' for rrdtool?

> Why the script "use RRDs "could not read in the RRDs at compile time in
> CGI mode ( ran from web browser ) but it read in RRDs fine if the script
> executed at the web server, outside cgi-bin dir.

Are the rrdtool directories accessible when run from the web server? Any
restrictions? Any restrictions for CGIs run from cgi-bin?

Do you have other error messages? Maybe in the servers log file?

Rainer