[rrd-users] Re: Java & RRD

Philip Molter philip at datafoundry.net
Wed Jan 24 19:43:44 MET 2001

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 12:13:26PM -0500, Shane O'Donnell wrote:
: ----- More Stuff deleted -----
:
: >
: >      * RRDTool - Consider it the guts of the next generation of MRTG. An
: >        efficient means of storing performance data and making it readily
: >        available for building graphs from the data collected. Written by
: >        Tobi Oetiker (all hail Tobi, Father of MRTG), RRDTool rocks!
: >
: >        Our Twist: We're building some Java interfaces for RRDTool and
: >        will be documenting our "create" format, so you can use your
: >        choice of RRDTool front-end to represent the data.
: >
: >        Check it out: http://www.rrdtool.org/ (It will redirect you.)
: >
:  ---- Even Yet Still More stuff deleted -----  Full text available at:
:       http://www.opennms.org/sections/opennms/updates/update0204.xml

So is that just going to be the create method, or is it also going
to include fetch, last, graph, etc. etc, similar to the Perl
bindings?

What I'm hearing, though, is that no, there isn't a Java front-end
available.

* Philip Molter
* DataFoundry.net
* http://www.datafoundry.net/