[rrd-users] Re: Larger varaible names

paulw at oninit.com paulw at oninit.com
Sun Jul 1 10:40:10 MEST 2001

YOu need to make the alterations in rrd_graph.c as well.  In rrd_graph.c
search for 29 and change it to <desired length>+9

Whether it works, don't know but we've had no problems.  We now have a
memory leak but it looks like our own code that interfaces to rrdtool,
but there is a small chance it's a rrdtool problem.

kevin.kress at comdev.cc wrote:

> I would like to increase the size of the variable names allowable in the rrd
> format to about 256 characters.  I have found what I think is the location of
> the #defines that will increase the size of the variable names.  Before I
> proceed I was hoping I could get some opinions on what problems this might
> or if it will even work.
>
> If it will not work can I get some insight as to why and what needs to be fixed.
>
> the #defines I am looking at are in rrd_format.h:
>
> #define DS_NAM_FMT    "%19[a-zA-Z0-9_-]"
> #define DS_NAM_SIZE   20
>
> #define DST_FMT    "%19[A-Z]"
> #define DST_SIZE   20
>
> I am assuming that either both DS_NAME_* and DST_* need to be changed or just DS_NAM_FMT and DS_NAM_SIZE.
>
> Again, input is greatly appreciated.
>
> Kevin
> --
> Kevin Kress (Software Engineer)
> COM DEV Wireless
> San Luis Obispo, CA
> Phone: 805-544-1089
> Fax:   805-544-2055
>
> GnuPG/PGP Key ID: 8A811ECC
> Fingerprint     : D244 8D76 327D F7B8 DAE6  FF72 30F0 694B 8A81 1ECC
>
> --

Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # You are only young once
Tel: +44 1436 672201    # but you can be immature
Fax: +44 1436 678693    # for ever
www.oninit.com          #