[rrd-users] Problem with buiding rrdtool

Sesh Sayani ssayani at NishanSystems.com
Tue Jul 31 01:26:10 MEST 2001

Hi,

I was trying to build rrdtool with Perl 5.005 subversion 3. I get the
following error when I try
to do nmake

C:\misc\rrdtool\perl-shared>perl ntmake.pl
Writing Makefile for RRDs

C:\misc\rrdtool\perl-shared>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '../src/release/rrd.lib'
Stop.

My environment is the following:
Perl - This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for MSWin32-x86-object
Modules Installed -  Archive-Tar, Compress-Zlib, DB_File, Digest-MD5,
MD5,HTML-Parser , MIME-Base64, PPM, Time-HiRes, TimeDate, URI, XML-Element,
XML-Parser, libnet,libwin32,libwww-perl
Compiler - VC++ 6.0
OS - Windows 2000

Can you please throw some light on this? We are trying to use cricket to
monitor some of our switches.

Thanks,
-Sesh

Sesh Sayani