[rrd-users] Re: make problom with rddtool

Anders Ringaby julius at softwell.se
Tue Jun 12 18:50:07 MEST 2001

Hey again.

This case is different than your HP case.

The problem is that Jimmy cannot run cc at all. The error message is:

"/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed".

So the best thing is to use gcc after all ( that he already has
installed ).

Furthermore, it is ( as far as I understand ) a policy of Sun to
deliver Solaris systems without any C-compiler, or without that
"optional software package" mentioned above. Most other develop-
ment directorys and librarys are there though, its just for the
user/sysadmin/whoever to download the compiler. In most cases,
that will be gcc.

So I would strongly recommend that Jimmy tries again, sets the
CC variable to gcc in every Makefile, and builds all his software
packages with gcc, including Perl.

Regards

Anders