[rrd-users] help with graphing PLEASE

Mr. RocketMan rockit at wam.umd.edu
Mon Jun 25 18:06:56 MEST 2001

Hello,

I have a simple question, that I cannot figure out. I am graphing CPU
Usage on my server, and the range is between 5-25% CPU Usage, but it shows
from 0.0 7.0M, and I want to show the data on a 0-100% range, with the CPU
numbers showing properly on the graph. I tried doing the --upper 100
--rigid, but all that does is re-label the Y-Axis and the data plotting
remains the same.

Here is the config I'm using for storing the data:

rrdtool create s05.rrd --start -400000 --step 600 DS:speed:COUNTER:601:U:U
RRA:AVERAGE:0:3:17568 ... I used 601 for I don't know what reason
... should it be something else.

Also, how can I make the graph smoother? there are too many peaks and
valleys, and the data doesn't flow smoothly like a graph.

Thank you VERY much,
Mohammed