[rrd-users] Re: rrdgraph without RRDs

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 25 21:07:43 MEST 2001

Today Oliver Cook wrote:

 | Hi,
 |
 | I like the graphs that RRDtool creates but I
 | don't want to use RRDtool for the actual data
 | collection and storage because we already use
 | an SQL database for this purpose.

not yet, but it could be done quite easily I guess, given the
proper motivation and skill. All you need todo is to write an
alternate rrd_fetch function which fetches data from the database
instead of the RRD and does the necessary data resampling while
doing so ... could be expensive though ... rrdtool is very fast ...

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland