[rrd-users] Re: --set-tz patch for rrdtool graph

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Mar 11 09:28:12 MET 2001

Yesterday Jason Fesler wrote:

 | > can you elaborate on why it should make a differenze if you set the
 | > TZ environemnt variable in perl or in a shared library loaded into
 | > perl ...
 |
 | I wish I could.  The observed behavior, in a mod_perl application,
 | where I want to set the TZ via CGI, is that the only TZ observed
 | by RRDs.pm is the one it started with.  Setting $ENV{"TZ"}
 | was ineffective.

try setting TZ in the BEGIN{  }; section or just before
calling RRDs::graph

the problem could be that mod_perl runs seceral instances of your
script and if you set TZ in one instance eg the one which generates
the webpage, it will not be effective in the one which generates
the images

tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich