[rrd-users] Re: Trend Line

Dan McGinn-Combs d.mcginn-combs at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 22 15:50:14 MET 2001

I think this is pretty much what I'm looking for, Paul. I was trying to come
up with an example for Clifton.

Your example is right on the money, but let's move it over to hard disk
space. I have a user drive which began life as 0% utilized. Each week it got
5% more utilized, i.e. 0% - 5% - 10% - 15% - 20%. I can pretty much predict
with some certainty that after 20 weeks it will be completely full. I can
give that information to management and offer them a choice, either you ask
individuals to clean up the data they put on the drive, or you buy a new
drive in 15 more weeks.

The trend line allows me to make that case.

I will happily accept ideas from anyone! :-)

Dan