[rrd-users] Configuring RRD with perl 5.06

Scott Paul Scott at essential-computers.net
Sat Mar 31 04:18:38 MEST 2001

I am a newbie.  Sorry for the generic question, but I am having serious
problems.  I am trying to get cricket(requires rrd) working to monitor our
routers, but the system uses perl 5.06 which I cannot get to work with RRD
tool and cricket together.  Installing rrdtool-1.0.33-1.i386.rpm causes a
directory ---> /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 to be created containing
RRDs.pm/RRDp.pm/RRDso which cricket will not recognize when compiling
it.  Installing rrd tarball seems to work fine through all parts, but then
rrdtool itself does not work at all.

Is it possible to install RRD using perl 5.06 instead of 5.005?  Any
replies will be *greatly* appreciated...

Scott