[rrd-users] Re: Give an inch...They take a mile...

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Nov 8 22:30:24 MET 2001

At 11:25 AM 11/8/2001, Schroeder, Dennis wrote:

>It's the "Jobs Scheduled" that I have questions about.  We've created a SQL
>query that gets the number of jobs scheduled per 15 minute block and outputs
>is as follows:
>
>        5/12/6/4/etc...
>
>These numbers are for the following time blocks:
>12-12:15/12:16-12:30/12:31-12:45/etc...
>
>Ok, now for my first question.  If I attempt to update an RRD with a time
>that already exists in the database, will it overwrite the first value or
>ignore the new value because one already exists?

If the SQL query returns the data for the complete 48 hour period for both items
create a new RRD file each time  - else separate out the "jobs scheduled" and
create it from scratch every time.  You probably want to include some file management
if you are creating new rrd files so the graphing end always has a file to work from.

-subhendu