[rrd-users] Re: Accounting of top consumers of bandwidth

Alexander Reelsen alex at rhwd.owl.de
Wed Nov 14 15:19:54 MET 2001

Hi

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 11:11:59PM +0100, René Møller wrote:
> I have no experience with Hoth, but it looks like it might be usable:
Only the first look ;-)

I wrote it 1.5 years back, did not maintain it a lot, it is only usable
for 2.2 kernels (never came to finish the 2.4 port with complete rewritten
config file parser, this one so ugly that you should never take a closer
look at it).

Apart from that, it always did its job fine on my home gateway and
production machines.

> > Bandwidth per user?
Nope, not possible with ipchains, so not possible with hoth, as it only
reads the ipchains rule counters.

> > Bandwidth per ip?
Possible.

> > Bandwidth per protocol?