[rrd-users] Newbie Help - CGI

Markus.Forrer at coop.ch Markus.Forrer at coop.ch
Fri Nov 23 14:11:21 MET 2001

Hello

I set up the following cgi Script. (it's my first... )

#!/usr/local/rrdtool/bin/rrdcgi
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>RRDCGI Demo</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>BDFALK-A Example Page</H1>
<P>
<RRD::GRAPH
bd_falk-day.gif --lazy --start -86400
DEF:inoctets=bdfalk_8004.rdd:input:AVERAGE
"CDEF:bitsin=inoctets,8,*"
DEF:outoctets=bdfalk_8004.rdd:output:AVERAGE
"CDEF:bitsout=outoctets,8,*"
AREA:bitsin#00FF00:"In traffic"
LINE1:bitsout#0000EE:"Out traffic"
-t "tempo forrer"

</P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

I see the layout of the Page und the placeholder for the picture, but no
picture.

When I want to view the picture, I get the following

Internal Server Error
to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.

When I copy the picture to another place I can watch it.

For the cgi I setup the following in the apache.conf.

<Location /rrd>
AllowOverride None
Options +ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script
</Location>

And this is the error I got

[Fri Nov 23 14:05:34 2001] [error] (8)Fehler im Format der Programmdatei:
exec of /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/rrd/bd_falk-day.gif failed
[Fri Nov 23 14:05:34 2001] [error] [client 10.1.10.55] Premature end of
script headers: /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/rrd/bd_falk-day.gif

What I'm doing wrong??

COOP
Markus Forrer
Betrieb Netzwerk