[rrd-users] Automatic config.

Rense Buijen rense.buijen at dct-mail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:35:04 MET 2001

In our enviroment here we have multiple Unix, Linux, FreeBSD and Windows
machines.
All the Unix machines are running UCD-SNMP and the windows machines
(windows2000) are running the default Microsoft daemon that ships with
it.
I was wondering if there is application that can do the following:

Probe machines true snmp, finding out what hardware they have (Disk
sizes, CPU's, network cards and IP addresses etc..) and make a template
for them.

Our machines vary in their hardware configuration and some SNMP oid's
vary per system, depending on how many interfaces, how large and how
many disks are in the machine etc etc.
Now, I do not want to manualky probe and create templates for all the
systems and feef them into RDDtool. I only wish a fews "simple" params
that are supported both by ucd and by windows;
 Disk space usage per disk (or on unix partitition), Nr. Of procceses,
CPU load, memory usage, Traffic monitoring (per interface) and
established tcp connections.

Now my question is: Is there a application that can do this on base of a
list of IP addresses or command line switches and if so can it generate
RDD config files and maybe even build a HTML index for these systems.??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With kinds regards,

Rense.