[rrd-users] Measure ifOperStatus with MRTG and RRD

Gustavo Ariel Faza gfaza at 2vias.com.ar
Mon Nov 26 20:57:23 MET 2001

Hi again !

First of all, thanks for the people who helped me.
Now, i was thinking with their replies, and i was asking for my self, and
i was investigatin, how to modify MRTG+RRD to obtain the oid ifOperStatus.

I saw in the contributions folder (I´m running Windows NT) the GetSNMPlinesUP
script, and i think that is what i´m looking for.

But i don´t know how to add the option to monitor that OID.
I know that the SNMP request should be launch by MRTG to several servers,
and after RRD will do the graph.

Does anyone know how to add/modify the oid to get ?
Instead of traffic, i would like to get the status, specifying the instance
(interface number) in the configuration file.

Thanks
Gustavo

---
Gustavo Ariel Faza