[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool contrib php4 - stand alone module

Kempf, Reed rkempf at rightnow.com
Tue Nov 27 01:16:03 MET 2001

Are you just trying to display rrdtool graphs in php?

If you are, I just went through an exercise where I did that.

Here are some points as to what I did:
1. compiled rrdtool to use from a command line  (in linux shell scripts)
2. created rrdtool databases and populated rows from external source
3. created rrdtool graphs which I displayed straight to standard out
4. used embedded html (image src=" ") within php to then display the graphs
which were directed to standard out

I realize this is simplistic, but the two important points are creating
graphs in shell scripts and using php to call those shell scripts with the
php <$command> and then using php and html (img src) to display them.

It really works smooth.

If you think this info is useful, please let me know and I can feed you some
specifics as to what I did.

ReedK

ps, my php and rrdtool are compiled for redhat linux 6.2