[rrd-users] Re: removing tags from output graphics

William Groh william at miamiconsultant.org
Wed Nov 28 03:25:40 MET 2001

It was a tough one for me to wrangle with tobi, I would never discredit
your hard work, but here are the main reasons I was asked to do this mod:

customers will see your name and tool name on their 'bill' and billing
questions from them could reach you (verify my bills integrity, explain
how my bill was created)

sales appeal, people who purchase these systems, get the software for
free (and the consulting time is miniscule), but still place demands on
me normally placed on commercial vendors like private branding, I try to
explain your work, and the cost differences, but its amazing how an
unsigned picasso becomes worthless and a software artists mark becomes
'banner ware'

one customer, building one of the largest internet access points here in
miami wants their name on each graphic, as sort of an advertising angle
/ certification.

the plan was to have your web button and link go at the bottom of the
page, but I would like to have clean graphs,

I had noticed that dave plonka has done this with his flowscan pages for
wiscnet, I imagined that this would be acceptable.

sorry for taking your time with this request, your software kicks,

wg