[rrd-users] Re: Capturing Times in ms...

Wayne Huang whuang at osiriscomm.com
Thu Sep 13 23:58:17 MEST 2001

> My question is this:  How small of a time increment is PERL capable of
> measuring in?  This will only work if PERL can measure small enough
> increments, so that the difference between one running of the program and
> the next can be seen.

Dennis,

With the correct modules you can get microsecond and even nanosecond
precision.  I believe there is a perl equivalent to the c-style
gettimeofday function.  Check CPAN for the Time::HiRes module.  I believe
this is the correct module for implementing gettimeofday.

--
Wayne Huang <whuang at osiriscomm.com>
Osiris Communications, Inc.