[rrd-users] question regarding max/min

David Gabler dgabler at TRUELINK.com
Thu Sep 27 23:50:28 MEST 2001

I used to feel pretty confident about rrd's until I started thinking :)

I have been reading the manuals and tutorial but for the life of me can not
seem to understand max/min.  I know that it is the max min values but what I
am unsure about is how the data is stored.  If I was to say
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:100 (with a default step of 300) would it keep 100 5 minute
maximums?  But if that is so it does not make sense.  The reason I say that
is I am just keeping the last 100 entries which makes absolutely no sense.
<- where I get confused.

If some one could shed some light on this or direct me somewhere this I
would appreciate it.

David