[rrd-users] updating RRD continuously

Francisco Sant'Anna chico.santanna at uol.com.br
Fri Sep 28 21:26:07 MEST 2001

Hello!

Sorry, I asked a similar question last week.
As nobody answered, I re-read the entire documentation
(tutorials/manuals) to see if my doubt was so stupid.

I got some answers there, but I couldn't entirely understand some
concepts.

I created an RRD with a DS of type ABSOLUTE:
DS:in:ABSOLUTE:300:U:U

This data source should be fed whenever a specific daemon receives
input.
I can't accumulate the input beacause it comes from a lot of different
machines and I would have to handle all of them.

I wonder if this approach is correct, that is, if updating countinuously
in between 0" and 300" would have the same effect as updating once at
the end of the 300" with the total count since 0".

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

--
-chico