[rrd-users] RRD setup when collection only daily

Hoover Don (sys1dxh) sys1dxh at ups.com
Wed Apr 17 23:11:23 MEST 2002

Ok.. I am a long time MRTG user, but I want to switch to RRD and this one
has me stumped.. mainly because I think the numbers so different than every
example I have ever seen..

I want to setup and RRD, but I only want to collect data on a DAILY basis..
eg every night at midnight... most examples are collecting data at least
once an hour.. I can't find any with only doing one data point a day.

What I want to do is something like every day collect how many empty tapes
are still available in my tape library, and be able to graph that in 2
graphs.. a quarterly (show 90 days) and a yearly graph (so 365 or more
days).

Any pointers?

--
Stinginess with privileges is kindness in disguise.
-- Guide to VAX/VMS Security, Sep. 1984